Hello!

I love to dye fabric, make thread pictures and quilt. I live in the Yukon on an acreage with my husband, 2 dogs and 34 fish. It's the 'good' life.

Friday, August 6, 2010

Flowers in the Yard (and This and That)

I had some really nice flowers come up this year.  Since I don’t know much about flowers, I am just going to post some nice shots..

STA52820 STA52817

STA52787

My garden is doing terrific this year. We have been eating lettuce, radishes, carrots, broccolli, cherry tomatoes and cauliflower—so everything I planted is coming up. Yah!

Me for Facebook

And I was getting my Nova Scotia trip pictures together and so am sharing a picture of me! Hi!!  This was at Peggy’s Cove. Hubby and I said we could easily live in NS and will go back again..

I am a messy painter, so I decided to make myself a Bog Jacket. The link provided has a nice picture, so if you can sew, you will get it from this:

image

So here is mine.

STA52755

It is still wet, but you can sort of see the trees that I started.

STA52754

Here it is dry. Now I have to hem it and fix the collar. I admit I have never made anything to wear and it fits funny, but its for dyeing. No-one else will ever see it. (Now watch me forget and wear it out grocery shopping or something).

 

bog jacket

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! You realized though that you'll get it covered with dye and the trees will disappear...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, thats what Mike said. But I made it to dye in. Now what? :-)

    ReplyDelete