So today I played on my 'new' Bernina 830 (the old mechanical version). I just got it, my Bernina guy has serviced it to an excellent level, and I wanted to give it a whirl to see how it would do with free motion quilting.
It worked GREAT! What a super machine... I think I almost like it better than my Bernina 180 which is my Precious..
Anyway, here is the completed truck after tweaking:.
I added some metal bits to the back of the cab to give the illusion of a truck box. The truck looked funny without some kind of junk back there.
I added some orange and red fireweed as I thought the original colour was too brown. These really make the piece look more realistic, and I am happy with this look now. Fireweed in the height of summer is this tall and this red.
I also worked on the truck a bit to highlight some curves and extended the fender at the front left, and finally, I added some shading below the front fender. I could have done more, but I didn't want to overwork it.
I still think this little evergreen tree is funny looking, but I left it. Some of the little trees do look funny.
Overall, I am pleased with this piece. I am going to send a picture to Sue Thomas Who kindly allowed me to use this picture.
As you may see in the first photo, I called this piece Autumn at Snag Creek.