Hello!

I love to dye fabric, make thread pictures and quilt. I live in the Yukon on an acreage with my husband, 2 dogs and 34 fish. It's the 'good' life.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Quick Piece

It feels so good to be producing art again after a very long dry spell. I have had a difficult time in the last year, and I think that has affected my creativity. 

However I think I am in the homestretch!  I even feel like exercising again, and this always happens when the weather warms up. I think I need to move somewhere that winter does not take up 8-9 months of the year.

So this little piece is a nod to winter breakup--when the Yukon River starts to flow again, when the little bushes along the riverbank begin to get leaves, and spring arrives in the Yukon.










Spring can't come too soon for me!

5 comments:

  1. It is a lovely piece , so glad you are back to creating and like you I am hoping spring comes real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty :) love the colors !

    Do more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monika. You are always so supportive. :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Dahn, Quilts204 here lol my name is Linda... Where are you? I hope everything is ok. I sure miss your posts of your beautiful art work and your tremendous pictures. I've been under the weather for the last couple of months or I would have been in touch before this. We would love to see what you have been working on... I'll be in Whitehorse with my granddaughter the week of July 14th and would love to meet you. Hope to hear from you soon. Please contact me quilts204@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dahn,
    I'm writing from Sew Sisters Quilt Shop
    Wanted to check with you about an event we're doing.
    Could you please write back to me.
    Thanks
    Carol

    ReplyDelete